Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year!

I am back with a new year and a new look. Going wide since I got a new widescreen monitor for my birthday. And hoping to add lots more photos, more often, and maybe even get over my fear of rejection and link some of my photos to some of the daily contests. Who knows.

I've also changed the subject back to photos of what I see, no matter where I take them. If you are new, I had changed the subject of my photos to only those I had taken from the passenger seat of our car. While I still have many of those that I could add, I was finding that I was limiting myself too much and the quality of the photos I had to post wasn't my best.

While I still feel that I'm not a very good photographer, I just freakin' love taking photos. And I love to travel. And I feel that the name, "Reconnaissance Photos" best fits the direction of where I'm going.

Reconnaissance:
1. Military. a search made for useful military information in the field, esp. by examining the ground.
2. Surveying, Civil Engineering. a general examination or survey of a region, usually followed by a detailed survey.
3. Geology. an examination or survey of the general geological characteristics of a region.


My photos are historical in nature. Old homes, abandoned places, military sites, and anything related to my home, Tennessee.

I hope that maybe a few people will stumble upon this site and at least somewhat enjoy my photos and commentary.

No comments: