Friday, January 1, 2016

Resolutions, Sort Of

30 Days #24 Commute To Work
   It seems that everyone makes "New Year's Resolutions" each January 1st, though now it appears to be more 'hip' if you don't make them. Just call them "goals" or whatever. I don't think there is anything wrong with using the new calendar year as chance to make a change in your life, start something new. The last number on the date changed, so why not make a change yourself.
   These are the things I hope to change about my life this year:

  • Get out of the house more. If it's a nice day and I'm feeling well enough, then I should get out and do something, take some photos somewhere, anywhere. 
  • Take more photos. I keep reading that a good photographer is good because they practice every single day. It's no different than any other thing you want to be good at it. I don't think I'll ever be a good photographer, even if I do take photos every single day, but I want to try. The only problem is that taking photos around the house gets really really boring after awhile. I also use the excuse that my camera sucks. Well it does-it is 8 years old, is missing pixels, has so many dust spots, and doesn't take very clear pictures, ever. I'm not sure what to do except maybe start working all that crap into a new style. 
  • Walk more. This goes with getting out of the house. I'm hoping that getting out more leads to walking more which leads to being healthier. Eating better goes with this. It won't be easy but I really want to try.
  • Downsize my junk. The kiddo will a senior in high school this fall. It is hubby and my ultimate goal to perhaps get rid of nearly everything, get an RV and hit the road. But I have lots of stuff. Boxes of hockey magazines. A full cabinet of hockey cards. Shelves of books. So much stuff that I have a hard time imagining getting rid of, but know that is necessary. Anybody want a huge Def Leppard scrapbook? 
   I think that's really all. I am not going to be unrealistic, those are some pretty easy goals to reach. I dream of being on a "road trip" 24/7/365, photographing every single unusual or historic site out there. But I can't get there eventually until I start somewhere. Today is a good day to start.
30 Days Project #23 Something You Love

No comments: