Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Bucket List

Mount Rushmore
    I wrote a bucket list many years ago but I've lost that list and I can't really remember what all was on it. I have decided to redo the list, here on my blog, so that I will always remember where it is at. I will probably link it somewhere over on the side and will revisit the list should I ever actually DO something from the list. I suppose just about everyone should have a bucket list, and probably should not wait until they are my age to attempt to complete it.

   My list probably is not going to be very long. To be honest, I think I've done quite a lot in my life. When I read other lists, I see so many things that I have already done. Road trips? Really, do people just not take road trips anymore? That seems like something everyone has done at least once. Play in a band-check. Be an extra in a movie-check(Tin Cup with Kevin Costner). Make a home-cooked meal-geez I do that nearly every single day. Mount Rushmore, Hollywood, a beach-check, check, check.
    My list also is not going to include things I do not really want to do. I saw one list that was 800+ things long. Most of those things I absolutely do not want to do! Skydiving, nope. Foreign travel, no thanks. Cruise-no way. Speak in front of an audience-not a chance. These will be things that I genuinely want to do in the coming years.
  1. Visit Grand Canyon
  2. Visit Yellowstone
  3. Visit Yosemite
  4. Visit Niagara Falls
  5. Visit Coney Island
  6. Visit Four Corners
  7. Visit National Parks of Utah
  8. Visit Antelope Canyon, AZ
  9. Visit Watkins Glen State Park, NY
  10. Visit the Redwoods and Sequoias in CA
  11. Visit Badlands, SD
  12. Visit Every State Capital
  13. Visit All 50 states(I'm at 40 now)
  14. Visit Every Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC
  15. Visit Golden Gate Bridge
  16. Visit and walk across Brooklyn Bridge
  17. Visit Mackinac Bridge
  18. Visit Alcatraz
  19. Visit Las Vegas sign
  20. Visit Portland, Maine lighthouse
  21. Visit southern-most point in Key West
  22. Visit Promontory Summit, Utah
  23. Visit some ghost towns in Colorado or Wyoming or wherever
  24. Visit Vasquez Rocks, California
  25. Visit Veterans Day Memorial, Anthem, AZ on Nov 11
  26. Visit Grave of every Tennessee govenor
  27. Visit Grave of every US President
  28. Visit Every Tennessee courthouse
  29. Visit Grave of my best friend near Pittsburgh
  30. Drive the entire Route 66, slowly, seeing every single site left
  31. Drive the entire Lincoln Highway, slowly, seeing every single site left
  32. Drive the entire Natchez Trace, slowly, seeing every single site
  33. Drive the entire Dixie Highway, slowly, seeing every single site
  34. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
  35. Take a road trip alone
  36. Take a spontaneous road trip, pack and go, no planning
  37. Take a train somewhere, anywhere
  38. See Northern Lights
  39. See Albuquergue balloon festival
  40. Hike at least some of the Appalachian Trail
  41. Camp at Cades Cove in the Smokies
  42. Bike around Cades Cove in the Smokies
  43. Learn Russian
  44. Learn to crochet 
  45. Make a new friend
  I think that's it for now. I will probably add more. Most of them I do not expect to complete, but it would be nice. And I will certainly write up an article about anything on the list that I manage to do! And I'm thinking I might need to add some much easier things to the list so that I can someday say I did at least something on my bucket list!!
Gateway Arch in the morning

No comments: