Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall Colors in the Smokies

Great Smoky Mountains in the rain
   Quick trips to the Smokies are one my absolute favorite things. It doesn't matter if we go to the park or visit some shops in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Just being in the area fulfills something that I cannot even explain. I'm sure others who have been here many times understand. Maybe someday I will live over there and can experience that feeling more often. For now I will be satisfied that I went one more time.

   As with my luck, the weather was not really ideal. Friday rained so hard it took us an extra hour just to get to mom's place. Saturday morning started out quite rainy as well. As you can see by the few photos I got, taken from the car, it was a dreadful day. The fog was thick in places and the colors are not quite there yet. It didn't stop the massive amount of sightseers heading into the park on Sunday. On Sunday we shopped in Gatlinburg. Those photos will be coming tomorrow. For now, here are some rainy, foggy Great Smoky Mountains as seen from our car.
Foggy Smoky Mountains
Great Smoky Mountains in the rain
Great Smoky Mountains in the rain
Great Smoky Mountains in the rain

No comments: