Saturday, June 15, 2013

Back In More Ways Than One!

Rockies in Wyoming-we're back!

    Yes, I am back. With so much to post, so much to say. Back from an illness that had me doing zilch from about April Fool's to mid-May. And then dealing with all the end-of-school-ness for the kiddo(OMG end of 8th grade, I'm the mom of a high schooler now! *faints*). And then finally back from a mega-vacation. Probably the best one we have taken, well maybe the best one of my life so far.

     It was the Wild West Trip, The Trip That Wouldn't End, The Trip to See As Much As Possible! We visited 12 states(not including our home state) in 9 days-west of the Mississippi-and 4 of those days were in Texas! I am going to post photos and comments day by day, just as soon as I get a chance to really go through all 3000 photos that I took. I hope to get a new post up every few days so keep checking back!

  Basics of the trip:

  1. Tennessee to Galveston, Texas via Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana
  2. Galveston to San Antonio, Texas via all over Houston where I grew up
  3. San Antonio to Austin, Texas 
  4. Austin to Pecos, Texas via Abilene and back roads
  5. Pecos to Roswell, New Mexico via El Paso, Las Cruces, Alamagordo
  6. Roswell to Cheyenne, Wyoming via Colorado
  7. Cheyenne to Rapid City, South Dakota via Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore
  8. Rapid City to St Joseph, Missouri via Iowa
  9. St Joseph to Tennessee via Illinois, Kentucky


  So yes, many of my photos(again) are taken from the front seat of the rental car(such as the shot of the beautiful Rocky Mountains in Wyoming seen above). And somehow I have an extreme knack for getting shots of bushes and signs in so many of the photos I attempt! And every now and then I get something somewhat decent to show(even a blind squirrel finds a nut, blah blah blah).

  Prepare for photos from Galveston, San Jacinto Monument, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Manor, Eastland, Abiline, Midland, Pecos, Toyah, Las Cruces, White Sands, Alamogordo, Lincoln, Roswell, Denver, Cheyenne, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore, Sioux City, and much more from the road.

  Stay tuned!
Visiting the Landing Spot!

No comments: