Thursday, March 3, 2016

Best Hamburger I've Ever Had

   You wouldn't expect a great hamburger from a place named "Wise Guys Pizza", but you would be wrong! I knew we would be making the trip to Cherokee, North Carolina, so I Googled "best hamburgers in Cherokee". My husband and I have a plan to find really good burgers in small towns in each state surrounding Tennessee(so 8 different states). W
   We arrived just after they opened, the only ones in the joint. Of course, this is a "tourist" town, and February is not "tourist season". The titulary pizza had not been made. We ordered burgers, the "100% Angus Burgers", advertised on the sign outside. I got a bacon cheeseburger, with only barbque sauce on it. The prices are better than most fast food chains. The burgers were HUGE compared to most fast food chains. And the taste...we were in burger Heaven! Hands on a Bible, this was the best tasting burger I have ever had in my life! Oh and the fries were pretty tasty as well.
   So if you ever find yourself in Cherokee, on the edge of the Smoky Mountains, looking for grub, please check out Wise Guys Pizza. They are located in the Tepee Village Shopping Center on Big Dove Road just off Acquoni Road-this is pretty much the first stop light on Newfound Gap Road as you come out of the Smokies into town.
   And sorry no photo of the food, that really isn't my 'thing'!
Wise Guys Pizza

No comments: