Thursday, November 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Scans from Los Angeles

  Today's "throwback" is going to focus on photos I took on vacations around Los Angeles and California back in 1987 and 1994. I didn't take as many photos back then because, well I couldn't afford the film in the age before digital. I didn't know what would come out, you couldn't just "delete" photos you didn't like, and there were times that rolls of film didn't get developed(due to lack of money) and/or just got lost.


  All the photos here were taken with a Pentax K1000 and scanned recently with an Epson printer.
Xanadu
Pan Pacific Auditorium, seen in the movie "Xanadu", burned about a year after I took this.
Dinny
Dinny, Cabazone dinosaur, seen the movie "PeeWee's Big Adventure"
T-Rex
T-Rex, Cabazone dinosaur, seen in the movie "PeeWee's Big Adventure"
Tail of the Pup
"Tail of the Pup", famous hot dog stand, I think it's gone now
Grauman's Chinese Theatre
Graumann's Chinese Theater(I don't care what you call it now)
Colorado Ave bridge
Colorado Ave bridge, Pasadena, over the Arroyo Secco. Built in 1913

No comments: