Friday, September 25, 2015

Yikes, almost a year!

  Maybe I'm not very good at this. Maybe I should stop playing so much World of Warcraft. Yes...it just hit me that my last post, in November of 2014, was just before the last Warcraft expansion was released. And I tend to get just a little caught in up playing...sorry.


  This blog doesn't get too many views. That's fine I suppose, it all depends on "who" sees it as opposed to how many. ("keep telling yourself that!") I spend lots of time on Twitter. I took the past four months off from Flickr(and what a hassle that was coming back to). But I want to share my photos-not because that are all that good(which I don't really think they are), but because I really love to photograph places that I feel are important.

  Important to whom? To me, to history, to other history lovers I hope. Every month my "Gone but not forgotten" album on Flickr grows, much to my dismay. Just this week an old barn a few streets from my home was torn down to make way for more houses. I was disgusted, but at least I had photographed it a number of times.

 I am going to attempt to get back to blogging about my photos, my road trips, my life. I do hope I can keep up better. There are quite a few blogs that I follow and I know how frustrating it is to check back day after day in the hopes that they post something new. Even a note such as this to provide and excuse.

  Starting on Monday, I will be going through our summer trip, day by day. We call it the "Liberty Tour" as we drove up and started with seeing the Statue of Liberty and finished up in Philadelphia at the Liberty Bell. So many photos, so many places seen in only 4 days! So much to come.

 Today I will only add a photo of what has kept me extremely busy for the past month-Ripley, a tiny kitten that we found in our bushes outside. She has issues with one of her eyes, but she is the sweetest kitten I think I've ever had!

Ripley

No comments: