Monday, September 28, 2015

Our Liberty Tour, Summer of 2015

Today I will start with an overview of the trip we took. Each day this week I will discuss more about each individual place we stopped. We called this the "Liberty Tour" because one of our first stops was the Statue of Liberty, and one of the last was the Liberty Bell. We also stopped at Revolutionary War sites along the way. Took in lots of history. This made me very happy!


  The map above shows the basic route(though we took some unconventional routes that the map just didn't seem to want to stick to when I was making this). The lettering is as follows:
A: you can't see because it's under the J, our start & finish point, home
B: Carlisle, PA, where we spent the first night
C: Statue of Liberty
D: Danvers, Mass, where we spent the second night
E: York, Maine, visited on the third day
F: Brattleboro, Vermont, where we spent the third night
G: Albany, NY, catching the NY turnpike south
H: Philadelphia, PA, Independence Square
I: Christiansburg, VA where we spent our fourth night
J: Home

  The states outlined in red indicate new states visited for me: New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. This puts me at 40 states visited in my life. Still missing most of the north and northwest. Would love to get in all the continental states before I hit the big 5-0, but I don't think I will ever get to Alaska.

 Anyway, major sites seen along the way that I will posting about in the coming days: Statue of Liberty, Manhattan skyline, Fenway Park, Salem, Battle of Bennington site, Independence Square and more. And I might throw in a collection of things seen along the road.

 First up tomorrow: My first trip to New York!
Home from New England

No comments: