Friday, October 31, 2014

Foodie Friday: All Pumpkin, All The Time!

I love pumpkin!!!
  I would like to start this post by stating that I am not a regular "foody" or "foodie" nor do I intend to post lots of food type entries. In fact, I am quite a picky eater, so unless you are looking for blog posts about food that absolutely stays away from onions, peppers, most other veggies, and pretty much anything but macaroni & cheese, then this is not the place for you. However, I love me some pumpkin! Today I am going to review some of the many pumpkin/pumpkin spice flavored items that I have come across since they started hitting the store shelves.

  Pictured above we have Entenmann's Little Bites Pumpkin Muffins, Entenmann's Pumpkin Donuts, Pop Tarts, Oreo, Little Debbie's Delights cookies, M&Ms, and Kisses. There will be more that are not pictured here. So let's get to the reviews!


Entenmann's Little Bits Muffins: Sweet small muffins, about 5 to a pouch. Very moist, just enough for a tasty snack.

Entenmann's Donuts: Cake donuts, more on the spice flavor side. Moist and delicious. I love these quite a bit, should probably buy up a bunch more before they are gone!

Pop Tarts: I know pop tarts aren't the greatest breakfast, but when in a rush I don't really care about nutrition. These are really good, good flavor and filling, I usually can't finish both in the pack.

Little Debbie's Delights: Heavy on the spice side, I can barely handle more than one at a time-and they aren't very big. But for those times I want a heavy shot of pumpkin spice, these do nicely.

Hershey Kisses: Creamy, melt in your mouth pumpkin goodness. Also on the sweet side so I rarely eat more than 1 or 2 at a time. Yummy, Kisses can almost do no wrong.

M&Ms: Well, I didn't get a chance to try these as they went into a care package for my Marine nephew who was just coming home from deployment. Haven't been able to find another package since then. I'm sure they are good, they are M&Ms!

Not pictured:

Planter's Pumpkin Spice Almonds: Not a huge fan of almonds, but I do like these. Heavy on the spice side, I can only chomp a few at a time, the kiddo LOVES them.

Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Melt in your mouth, so good. In fact the bottom few had pretty much melted together into a mass of cheesecake pumpkin-y goodness.

Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Milano: Sadly, this was the one pumpkin thing I found that I really hated. Honestly, to me they tasted like I was eating the bottom of a shoe. Ick.

Bigelow Pumpkin Spice Autumn Spice Tea: Seriously, why aren't these available all year round? Smooth tea with just a hint really, not overwhelming pumpkin flavor. Almost a cider. Yummy.

Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Pumpkin Spice Rolls: Heaven for breakfast. Just like cinnamon buns should be-quite messy. But melt in your mouth goodness.

Pillsbury Toaster Strudels Pumpkin Pie: I'm not a huge fan of the "toaster strudel" concept, they seem to get too messy in the toaster and microwave just doesn't work. Still they are good, just not something I would go out of my way for, Pop Tarts are easier to deal with.

Yoplait Lite Pumpkin Pie Yogurt: Again, why can't these be available all year? I would eat yogurt like crazy if this was a choice all year! This and any chocolate flavors, of course. Creamy, not too sweet. Really good.

YoCrunch Pumpkin Pie with Pie Crust Topping: Not as good as the regular version. Way too tangy. I mean I will eat the others in the fridge, but these were not a fave.



 And that's it for now. I have some more pumpkin flavored baked items to make, waiting for time with the kiddo to do that. And I can't say I've tried the pumpkin beer, perhaps I should get hubby to get just one for my to try. I can't even imagine what that would taste like! And as ever, I will keep my eyes peeled at the store for more pumpkin goodness and gosh darnit why can't this all be available year round!!

No comments: