Monday, October 6, 2014

Thirty Day Photography Project

 I've tried the 365 day projects-twice-but things keep coming up and I'm just not able to finish them. I admire those who can stick to taking unique photos every single day. I just don't get out enough, and I'm kind of sick of trying to look at stuff around my house in some different way.

 That said, I did come across a 30 day project( Take Better Photos in 30 Days) and thought I might try it for the month of October.

  As is typical for my photo projects, it is easier for me to actually take the photos each day, but I can't always upload each day's photo right away. I don't have a smart phone, don't have any mobile sort of way to access the internet, if I am out of town there is no way to get things posted in a timely manner. I can also, yes, be rather lazy and procrastinate.

  One other note, I really don't expect to be a better photographer after these 30 days are up. Maybe if someone actually looked at my photos and told me what I'm doing wrong, I might be able to learn from my mistakes. Otherwise I just keep making the same mistakes and taking the same crappy photos. And I would LOVE to "reward" myself at the end with a new camera(especially since the only camera I really use right now, my Canon XTi, is more than 6 years old and can't seem to focus for $hi*) but making big purchases is not in my control and I doubt we can afford to pop a thousand bucks(or more) for a new camera and lenses. I'll just have to keep on keepin on with the potato I currently use.

  Posting the first three photos here today, will post more later in the week(having Comcast issues today as well).

DAY #1 FOOD
  Candy Corn seemed the perfect way to open up the month of October.
30 Day Project #1 Candy Corn



DAY #2 SELFIE
 This is as selfie as I get. There shall be no photos taken of me, for I would probably break the camera.
30 Days Project #2 Selfie

DAY #3 SUNRISE
 It's tough to get a sunrise when it's cloudy and you are busy at that exact time trying to get a kid ready for school. Taken in the school's parking lot.
30 Day Project #3 Sunrise

No comments: